Monday, November 03, 2008

4169 is not as many words as it sounds like.

Have finally started NaNo Novel! Which is exciting. Although at the moment it is not a Work of Genius. I am starting it with this (rather optimistic) quote:

'Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.' - Jack Handey

NaNo novel has 'zausted me! I am going to go to bed now. Have decided, though, that in addition to NaNo I'm going to try and spend an hour a day editing existing novel - partially because it needs to be done, and if I'm already doing Hardcore Writing Month (or, as I like to call it, HaWriMo, which sounds a bit like Harry Mo, which makes me think of Daniel Radcliffe with a mustache, which would look strange (I am never sure how to spell moustache)) I might as well add another level to it and make the most of Being In Writing Mode, and partially because it'll be nice to have something to work on besides main novel which, although I can see it being very enjoyable and pretty much writing itself, is draining.

Today's Excerpt (this will also be a November feature - no clues as to what the plot's about, just the occasional random sentence.)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.


Oh no, wait, that's not my novel. (I am so funny.)

This is the opening sentence of my rather more humble novel -

‘If anyone’s expecting a ukulele, it’s at Reception.’

No comments: