Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Injustice of Life

I would just like to say that I could be in Wellington right now, drinking nice wine and flirting with beautiful people.

I am in Nelson. Doing the vacuuming.

This is not fair.

It is also entirely my own fault. This rankles.

I keep having awful visions of myself, with makeup and nice clothes on for the first time in WEEKS (okay, a week and a half), sitting in the Hawthorne Lounge and drinking something tall and alcoholic. It creases me.

Today, I conquered vibrato. I have not been able to play with vibrato, ever, and out of sheer boredom I was fucking around seeing what noises my trumpet can make (I do a very good horse noise, actually, but that's beside the point) and then all of a sudden I was doing vibrato! This is very exciting as it means that when at band Dave makes the hand motion that means 'more vibrato', I can actually add vibrato, rather than just sitting there trying to look like someone who is adding vibrato.

I am very proud of myself.

No comments: