Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Bored

Gehhhhhh. Not that old pod (different brand of product) was ever edge-of-your-seat stuff, but I don't remember it being this uninteresting. "Do some of that cold calling," podmate suggests. Since when do 'unpleasant' and 'interesting' have the same meaning?

I really need to do something Highly Exciting in my not-work hours (band doesn't really count) to justify sitting around all day letting my brain atrophy. However, it also needs to be something that doesn't require a lot of money, time, or effort. What a pickle. Soon I will become one of those people who judges their life satisfaction on how many friends they have on Facebook or Bebo or Your Mother's Face or whatever.

Perhaps I am having an Existential Crisis. Perhaps I am just bored. I do not want to turn into a Boring Person who talks about their Boring Job and is under the impression that everyone else cares about their Boring Life (although, through having a blog, I kind of am one of those people - but at least at this stage it's more or less limited to cyberspace). I don't want to wake up in twenty years time to find I am still doing boring job and waiting for life to begin (this is now definitely approaching Existential Crisis level), married to an Boring Man on whom I dote (predictably), with a Crappy Boring House and Crappy Boring Children and Crappy Boring Dog. Gahh! a life of Crappy Boringness stretches before me like a Fruit Roll-up of Doom! This makes me want to run in the opposite direction from work RIGHT NOW and not stop until I am in Vegas (or, more feasibly, the sea - if I ran from work pointing not-north, this would not be a big run, but that is beside the point). I really need to exciten up my life a bit. A big bit.

Well, now that I am thoroughly depressed and just ever so slightly manic, I am going to go back to work.

No comments: