Friday, February 20, 2009

Interlude

New job now does not start until Wednesday, giving me two more days of freedom to paint the garage! I really need to get around to finishing that. Luckily, however, it is raining and as my old Granddad always said, you can't paint a garage in the rain.

I was thinking, if the serial story format is well-received, I could continue it from time to time. Oh, the tales I could tell! My run-in with the (tuba-playing) Law in Blenheim, Town of Giant Objects, springs instantly to mind, but there are many, many others.

Remember Three Beautiful Things? I do! But not the link to the original website, you will have to Google it yourself because I am too lazy. Here are three for today:

- It rained really heavily for the first time since I moved here. I like rain.

- I discovered a friend has been dropping in on my blog from time to time, which is unexpected and nice, even though when someone mentions they've visited my blog I become suspicious and confused. Luckily I have not yet used this blog to blacken their name!

- Was talking to a friend online earlier and he referred to something as 'bleque.' Confused by this word-which-wasn't-a-word, I queried, "bleque?" "Yes," he said, "it means dull, boring." "Oh," I said with my fingers, which should be how we always refer to typing, "bleak?" "Oh," he said, "is that how it's spelt? I thought it was French." Hehe. Cute.

No comments: