Monday, August 06, 2007

A Whole New World (of blogging)

Turns out I've had this address for some time, but my life just hasn't been exciting enough to justify using it!
...well, now it is.
Also, I figured out how to access it. I hope everybody's suitably proud of me.

I have no idea what I'm going to use this blog for; I already have my regular blog (rarely-updated, mainly obsolete); my secret blog (angsty, updated far too often, inspiration of much paranoia about address falling into wrong hands); my not-me blog (me, but not me, another person...seemed like a good idea at the time and has more readers than my actual blog ever did, which should tell you something); poetry blog (really should update); and various other, forgotten blogs floating around somewhere in cyberspace.

Perhaps this can be my new regular blog. No, wait, not my regular blog. This is no ordinary blog! It is my BRAND SPANKING NEW & IMPROVED OXYMORONIC SNAZZY blog. I drink too much coffee. What else do I do?

I play the trumpet. I write, sometimes to do with my business (see next sentence) and sometimes editing my Seminal Work. (It's a novel.) I am trying to start a business, and sometimes this involves writing. Tell you when it's finished. I cut off all my hair last weekend and now look a little like Audrey Hepburn, but only a little. I speak a little French and am learning Spanish, but not overly quickly as I never seem to get around to actually learning it, just telling people that I am. Donde esta los upside-down question marks? And how does one pronounce them? See, French was easier, they didn't bollock about with their punctuation pointing the wrong way. Every Spanish person I've met have been relatively mental (ond, okay, there were only three but still), with the possible exception of Hugo, who is only half-Spanish (rumour has it) but at least two-thirds mental.

I'm rambling. I really should go and do some work. It's so not going to happen.

Also, have come back to edit this because while leaving a comment on Andrea's blog (sorry, Andrea, if I just EXPOSED your secret identity...I watched Spiderman tonight and am possibly a little sensitive about secret identites) I realised that Google has in its wisdom consolidated me (I was all vaporous and stuff, or maybe I was a major conglomerate) and now my sign-in name appears to have gone back to Amadeus, for everything, and will stay that way until I figure out how to change it. Which is a bit pretentious- the name, not the lack of computer skills. Unless you have the fantastic musical talent of Josh, or Hugo...Hugo is the new Josh. He is MADE of JAZZ. Andrea- I apologise. I realise that most of that was copy-pasted straight from the comment on your blog, but I feel I made a good point and one which I couldn't be bothered writing out again. Why did God give us the Copy and Paste tools if He didn't intend for us to use them? (And how do you think He made stuff, anyway, back in the seven days? You really think He made every blade of grass individually? SURE He did. I mean, believe what you like, but would YOU have? I wouldn't have, I would have copied and pasted, but possibly this is one of the reasons why I'm not God.)

2 comments:

Andrea Eames said...

I am impressed by your sheer volume of blogs!

apple cheeked, potato shaped girl said...

I would like to know the address of these other blogs...:-)