Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today's Interesting Things*

*May not actually be interesting.

1. Someone made an anonymous comment on my previous post. Anonymous comments piss me off. Own up!

2. I went to the doctor, and the doctor gave me sleeping pills (v. good) and antidepressants (not so good). Not so good as a) am not depressed and b) what kind of doctor gives sleeping pills to depressed people? What do they think we're going to do with them? Doctor also suggested excellent psychologist she knows, who only costs $140 an hour. Doctor: "Well, you get what you pay for." Strongly suspect that psychologist is a personal friend of doctor, and that they are congratulating each other over a beer as I write this. Have come to the conclusion that it's time for a new doctor.

3. I am in the process of being highly impressed by Sarah Palin. Is this an uncool point of view? I don't like her policies, but I'm very impressed by the way she handles herself in interviews. If she didn't believe such stupid things, I would vote for her. If I was an American. As it is, I am not an American, and I get Helen vs John. Much less exciting. Saw him in an interview on breakfast TV and her was terrible. In my opinion, if you can't stay calm and collected in an interview on breakfast TV you probably shouldn't be allowed to run a country. Ooh, look, I have a political blog.

4. Am beginning to worry that I am becoming poster child for excess - too many nights out drinking and being debauched are beginning to take a moral toll. Because of this, I am going to have a month of being Very Well Behaved (it will be the most boring month I have ever endured - the more that I think about it, the less fun it seems) in October. Obviously this means that I must spend the remaining 5 days of September in a drunken stupor.

6. Workmate and I are going to start a band! He said last weekend after drinking quite a lot of tequila, "Ally, I love you! Let's start a band." Turns out he was serious about the band (but not about the love). He's a very good pianist and arranger, and can also sing. I'm not sure what my contribution is supposed to be. Think is some sort of singer/songwriter/lyricist role. Will be interesting, anyway. And yet another commitment! Because, you know, I don't have anywhere near enough of those.

7. Was talking to business banker today about a company called EMF Something - I was trying to find it in our systems and said, "So it's Elizabeth, Mary, Sally?" (I can't remember the proper military system - I am a constant disappointment. Something Something Sierra?) "No," she said, "F for Freddy. Elizabeth, Mary, Freddy." Pause. "That could be interesting! (dirty chuckle.)" I was shocked! I am never going to do any business banking ever again.

And now, to bed. Have not taken sleeping pill because am afraid will sleep FOREVER and miss work.

1 comment:

Andrea Eames said...

You can change blog settings so anonymous people can't post :)

- Anonymous