Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What I Did Today


I was left to my own devices for most of this afternoon, and Zach suggested I recreate this Toothpaste For Dinner comic; above is the finished product. Kate just read it over my shoulder and pointed out that the apostrophe in the last line was out of place. Hmm.

Today was a boring day, apart from the fact that I noticed a small but unfortunate spelling error. It was on Stuff, a main NZ news website, for about 15 minutes this morning:

No-one else has found this even remotely amusing yet, but I still do.

So I don't have a lot to talk about. Luckily, Holly has something awesome to talk about! (If you're not convinced, the original title of her post was 'in which I'm more offensive than Ally'- nice to know I am a benchmark.)

Here's the story: Holly teaches English to small foreign children, one of whom is currently doing a project on Germany. The project involved, amongst other things, researching a famous German person and a famous German food, then making a (famous) German booklet. Holly's student selected Hitler and frankfurters - both of which are completely valid (and rather obvious) choices - then decided to illustrate each page of his booklet with a happy frankfurter, in the general theme of the page. You can guess what happened, can't you?

He drew a Hitler sausage.

The resulting cartoon character ("I am S-S!*") has to be seen to be believed. Go on, go and see it.

*stands for Special Sausage

6 comments:

Holly said...

Hehehe! I got a mention! I feel special now! Although really, the post should have been titled "In Which My ESOL Student Is Inadvertently More Offensive Than Ally"...but that is rather too lengthy. :D

Love the ad, btw, very clever. :P

Andrea Eames said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Word verification is quandri, which is what I am in.

James said...

Haha, that is quite a bad spelling mistake to make.

Kaileigh said...

LOL Oh wow @ the Michael Jackson spelling error.

tennysoneehemingway said...

I had to go back to read the MJ spelling mistake. I get it now. This just in, my meds aren't working as well as they should.

expateek said...

Thanks for letting me show off you're add! I put it on my blog, crediting your genius of coarse. Your so clever! You're friend, e