On the upside, boss is not in, so I'm considering extending my traditional Shoeless Friday to Shoeless Drunken Smoking-in-the-Office-Playing-Nethack-All-Afternoon Friday.
Here are some thoughts I am having. They're not very interesting but they are numbered.
- On impulse, bought terriblyexciting.com! Is tempting to sit on laurels about this but the fucking thing cost ridiculous amounts of money so I better make it into a sexy new website. Will be enlisting team of website-minded friends for the technical side, also the design side and any other sides which crop up. Most of them do not know this yet.
- Following on from recent cheese dramas, I have thrown together an idea for a screenplay. It is not as good as the ad I made for John Key but that's OK. It is called As Gouda It Gets and when it is finished I am sending it to Hollywood, or maybe Andrea and I will apply for funding and whack together an independent Kiwi film 'cause that's pretty hot right now. Audition details to follow.
- I love my t-shirt. My sister bought it for me yesterday. It says, GIVE ME A CHANCE, I GROW ON YOU! Then there is a picture of a large, smiling, cartoon mustache.
- I'm hungry. Why is my headset not working? Why is my headset not working? Oh I got mayonnaise in it.
- Work computer will not let me play NetHack. Hate work computer. Hate hate hate. Why is there no app to play NetHack on my phone? Why do I not have an iPhone? Everyone I know has one. I am going to buy a Netbook next Weds though, when I get paid. Whee, paid.
- A while ago, in a question and answer post, otherworldlyone asked what ex-boyfriends most missed about me. At the time I think I said, "I'm kind and pay for stuff," but have come up with an answer, best summed up by boyfriend quote. "You're a never-ending supply of cigarettes and sex and beauty and polite conv- intelligent conversation." So now you know.
- I want a glass of wine. This is ridiculous. I am so bored. And getting grumpier by the minute. Checkin' the death notices, checkin' the birth notices. Yesterday I took a notice over the phone for a baby whose middle name was Banjo. I have never concentrated so hard on not laughing in my life. I had to read it back to them, too- "Ok, so that's George, G-E-O-R-G-E, Banjo, B-A-N-J-O..." Banjo is his name! Oh! WANT A GLASS OF WINE.
- Just spend about 3 mins trying to find my stapler. Had put my calculator on top of it.
- Have just read time management tip, "Lists are the timelines you make yourself." Does that make any sense to anyone? TRITE. I am going to make up my own time-saving tips and put them into a book and become a millionaire, right after I develop the matching iPhone app. Here are some previews. See if you feel inspired.
Don't do up your hiking boots unless you plan to climb.
The beaver dam-builds with his friends but when he swims, he swims alone.
- Last night I went to a Beauty and the Geek party. Look. Here I am.